Garmin Approach G6 Handheld Touchscreen Golf Course GPS Review
The Garmin Approach G6 is an innovative piece of kit to take your golf game to the next level. Preloaded with 25,000+ golf courses from around the world, there isn’t really any difficulty in finding the course you intend to play. Also, there are no subscriptions or fees applied for using the preloaded courses. It is very easy to use with a 2.6 inch touchscreen display that is even glove-friendly and backlight for ease in seeing in the variable conditions on the golf course.
Good news for buyers: This GPS device is currently on sale for $50 off at Amazon through this link.
- Perfect Size – The Garmin G6 has a slim, sleek design that gives great comfort and playability on the golf course. The multiple touchscreen buttons give instant access to the most important data, such as a digital scorecard, shot measure and green view. Plus, it is well-built and easily takes on the rigors of the game, including the occasional shower.
- Preloaded Courses – This GPS device is preloaded with over 25,000 golf courses from around the world – and as mentioned there are absolutely no extra fees for using these courses.
- Long Battery Life – The G6 has a built-in rechargeable battery that easily lasts a round or two of golf (up to 15 hours) with no downgrade in performance.
- Useful Scorecard – Use the Approach G6 much like a digital scorecard with a choice of scoring options that include Match Play, Skins, Stableford and Stroke Play, and with variable handicaps.
A wonderful quality of the Garmin Approach G6 is the sunlight-readable display that is extremely easy to use and quickly gives guidance on how far to strike the next hit. Simply by touching the screen, the G6 can instantly calculate the distance to a preferred landing area, hazard or fairway. Plus, once you start to close in on the green it is possible to zoom in to get the most accurate yardage.
- Very accurate readings
- No month cost
- Comfortable to wear/carry
- Compact in size
- The screen is backlight and readable in direct sunlight
- Rugged and well-built for the golf course
- Easy to score multiple golfers
- Useful rechargeable Li-ion battery that easily lasts for two rounds on full charge
- Want to buy the Golf Guru? It is on sale at Amazon here.
- Isn’t able to auto advance to the next hole
- Moving the “bull’s-eye” on screen to gauge distance is a bit cumbersome at times
An excellent tool for golf, the Garmin G6 is quick to respond and scoring is easy to make this GPS device a pleasure to use. The features are easy to learn without needing to read much of the manual. Plus, its compact design means it easily carries on the belt and gives the very accurate information throughout the course.